OSP is preparing for a long drive: Pierre, Yi, Ivan and Femke leave Brussels Tuesday morning to be later joined by another Pierre (our special guest), Harrisson and Ludivine (now in Paris producing a tape/vinyl version of their worldmap for Cinéma du Réel), in Bordeaux. There we'll meet an interdisciplinary team of students and work on a series of small publications in response to the conference 'Edit! norms, formats, supports'.
Tales of Interrogated Type (Parallel Publishing)
In the publishing business, the term 'parallel publishing' is used to describe the production of the same content or information in more than one medium (typically paper and screen). In this workshop, OSP would like to test out how to work collaboratively on a document that is produced simultaneous with a conference, and how its content might change in the transformation from live event to publication.
Together with participating students, we will set up a temporary workspace (virtual and physical) from where we can respond to themes brought up in the conference. As a point of departure, we will bring with us some of our favourite anecdotes about the creation, production and distribution of 'engineered' typography. During the workshop we would like to gather a collection of stories and tales that interrogate the practice of norms, formats and supports. Performative exercises, experiments, interviews and visual comments will be gathered in small publications, launched every conference day.
- Pierre Huyghebaert (BE; typographer, designer, cartographer)
- Yi Jiang (BE/CN; designer, illustrator)
- Ivan Monroy Lopez (NL/MEX; mathematician, programmer, writer)
- Femke Snelting (BE/NL; designer, artist)
- Pierre Marchand (FR; programmer, typographer)
- Harrisson (BE/FR; designer)
- Ludivine Loiseau (BE/FR; typographer, designer)
- Nicolas Malevé (ES/BE; programmer, data activist)