Lay-out in Scribus
Download low-res PDF
Finished! Sketched and produced a seven page contribution to Open (Dutch bi-monthly on art in public space) + inside cover. Images were prepared in Gimp; pattern assembled in Inkskape and document lay-out in Scribus (v184.108.40.206); all on Ubuntu.
- Importing outlines from Gimp, re-using them with multiple images / layers in Inkskape: flawless; selection editor + svg export in Gimp works well with vector options in Inkskape. Had some problems with transparency in PDF-export from Inkskape.
- EPS export from Scribus, after a few trials and errors flawless too; including transparency of layers.
- Lack of interaction with EPS-export is frustrating; default is to crop the document along its margins so all you can do is set margins to zero before export.
- EPS can only export one page at the time...
- Bleed is automatically cut off on export too, but making the document 3mm larger on each side, is a quick workaround.